Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Shalom


My bags are unpacked. The boxes are unloaded. All that is left to do is hang a few pictures and diplomas up in my office. Of course it all got done fairly quickly as I have a major aversion to cardboard boxes. Not the kind used for forts, but the kind waiting to be unpacked. I must admit, I have a hard time focusing surrounded by clutter. Hence the need to get everything unpacked before really getting down to the business, the pleasure, of creating hopefully enduring relationships with my new congregation.
I will admit I am of the belief that it is important to have a warm and welcoming office. Something I tried to have with my previous congregation, an effort which my 8th graders constantly worked to undermine.
So for those of you in the area, feel free to stop by. Don't mind the few random frames waiting their final placement. I have a pretty good idea of where they will be going. I just have to figure out what I am going to do with those M.C. Escher posters whose presence reminds me of the necessity to view the world through unique perspectives.
And for those of you not in the area. If ever you happen to head out this way, please do stop by. Just bring a hammer, nails, and a ladder. So I can finally get those pictures hung up.

No comments: