Monday, July 18, 2011

Everything I needed to know, I learned from my toddler


Ok, ok, so I am borrowing the title. But as I spent part of my morning with my son, I began to think about some of the lessons I have learned from him lately:

1. Always smile when waking up in the morning. I admit, I am not a morning person in the least. Until I have had my third cup of coffee, please don’t even talk to me. But that darned kid is always happy to be awake and in the presence of loving family. Who could ask for more?

2. There is very little that cannot be solved by a full tummy.

3. When you’re feeling cranky, see #2

4. Sometimes you just have to throw yourself to the floor and scream at the injustices of the world, but then you get up, dust yourself off, and move onto something shiny.

5. A good nap cures all.

6. Elmo may be everyone’s favorite muppet, but Grover never, ever gives up. Plus he’s blue and super.

7. Use all your words every day.

8. A sticky face and messy hands must mean a good time was had by all.

9. Bath time means everyone gets wet. I mean everyone!

10. Make sure to share lots and hugs and kisses because there are plenty to go around.

And here are two more

11. Body noises are funny at any age

12. (And from my daughter): why talk when you can sing?!

No comments: