Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blogging Elul 5771 - Day 9 Elul on the Web



A recent magazine article in moment magazine lists the Top 10 Jewish apps. Initially I thought these were a joke, but then I went to the app store on my phone and found many of them available for the standard fare of 99 cents.

Top Ten Jewish Apps

I think one of my favorites is from Jewish Mother, "This phone could also be used to call me, you know."

According to Nielson wire, nearly 50% of all phones sold in the U.S. by the 3Q will be smart phones. And American Jews probably make up an even higher percentage of smartphone users. This means we are becoming not only increasingly dependent upon our smart phones, but also increasingly invested in our apps.

Alas, there is not an Elul app as far as I can tell. In the meantime, we'll just have to keep doing it the old fashioned way. With day by day focus on teshuvah. But first, a round of Judoku.


Smartphones to Overtake Feature Phones in U.S. by 2011

1 comment:

Robert Pass said...

Dear Rabbi - there are apps for Elul in the AppStore. At least Selichot (both for Sefardim and Ashkenazim) and a bunch of Shofar apps (just for training and fun). There are also podcasts and other stuff in the iTunes. Check out http://www.jewishiphonecommunity.org and follow @Jewish_iPhone on Twitter for even more.
.