Thursday, May 3, 2012

All Good Things...

Our final day concluded with one last really good meal.  We had dinner at the Israel Museum.  Thankfully there was a little more falafel to be had, as I didn't have time to get one last falafel while I was in Jerusalem.

Melanie and Peggy at Dinner 
We toasted each other.  Thanked Mike one last time, and then ten of us were off on the bus to Ben Gurion Airport.

Typical of travel in Israel, it only took those of us flying El Al, two hours to get through the myriad of security challenges.  There is a reason why they are the safest airline in the world.  And yet, they still refused to believe that I was a rabbi.  Though truth be told, by this time, I had shaven off my goatee.

Thankfully I had wonderful company on the flight back because the seats were immensely uncomfortable and the food was much worse than the flight over.  Next time I think I am going to have to look into British Airways.

But in the meantime, I am writing this as I am now home.  I am exhausted, and doing laundry.  But all in all, it was a tremendously amazing trip.  The only regret, I forgot to pack my teva sandals and take them with me to Israel.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments: